The workshop covers all aspects of electronic systems, components and instrumentation for particle and astro-particle physics experiments such as: electronics for particle detection, triggering, data-acquisition systems, accelerator and beam instrumentation.
Operational experience of electronic systems and R&D in electronics for LHC, High Luminosity LHC, FAIR, neutrino facilities and other present or future accelerator projects are the major focus of the workshop.
The purpose of the workshop is:
- Present original concepts and results of research and development for electronics relevant to particle physics experiments as well as accelerator and beam instrumentation at future facilities;
- Review the status of electronics for running experiments and accelerators;
- Identify and encourage common efforts for the development of electronics;
- Promote information exchange and collaboration in the relevant engineering and physics communities.
The main topics of the workshop will be recent research and developments in the following areas:
- Highly integrated detectors and electronics;
- Custom Analogue and Digital Circuits;
- Programmable Digital Logic Applications;
- Optoelectronic Data Transfer and Control;
- Packaging and Interconnect Technologies;
- Radiation and Magnetic Field Tolerant Systems;
- Testing and Reliability;
- Power Management and Conversion;
- Grounding and Shielding;
- Design Tools and Methods.